April 30, 2020
News from the past week
- Domino’s delivers… more ads. While their competitors are cutting advertising funds, Domino’s has decided to take advantage of the open market and push their ads focusing on delivery.
- Instagive on Instagram. In the wake of Covid-19, Instagram has launched a new live stream tool where broadcasters can choose a non-profit they want to support and ask their viewers to donate in real time.
- Shop til you drop (your phone). Shopify has partnered with their merchants to launch a new app where customers can browse products recommended to them based on their interests and behavior.
- Google schemes to end scams. In an effort to cut back on false advertising, Google will begin to require all their advertisers to verify their country of origin and provide business documentation.
Creative Solutions for Small Budgets
Strategies to aid your marketing
Oftentimes, when a company is looking to pare down their overhead, the first thing to go is the marketing budget. Although this is rarely advised, it’s important to find cost efficient methods of marketing to maintain your brand awareness and reach new customers.
Here are four creative ways to advertise more and spend less.
1. Utilize your employees. Some of your employees may have personal networks of potential customers. Ask them to share things on social media which may help direct their network to your website.
2. Explore partner marketing. Cross promotions are a mutually beneficial way to bring in potential customers from outside your sphere. Team up with another business you know of to create content and share it with each other’s networks.
3. Focus on cost-effective channels. If you have created quality content for your website, such as blog posts, you can reformat those slightly and reach out to media platforms with a request to feature your work.
4. Double down on your existing customers. If you have to cut your marketing budget, prioritizing your current customer base over acquiring new customers is usually the right move. Encourage brand loyalists to share your content with their network if possible.
Avoid Awkward Video Meetings
Productivity tips & hacks
With so many workers still confined to their homes, video meetings over Zoom or Skype have become more commonplace than ever before. Many are new to this technology and are quickly realizing how uncomfortable and awkward they can be. As with any meeting, the most important thing is to try not to talk over anyone. Slowing down your speech a bit and keeping an eye out for visual cues are great ways to improve communication with your team.
Are Smaller Audiences an Advantage?
Helpful videos & podcast
A bigger audience isn’t always better. On Marketing Your Business, they discuss how smaller audiences allow for intimacy, personalization, and easy follow-ups that are otherwise not possible with a huge following.
Ellie is a PR & SEO Outreach Coordinator for Conversion Giant with three years of experience in digital marketing, social media management, and client relations. A former journalist, she is committed to delivering content with integrity and transparency.
15124 Ventura Blvd. Suite 203
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403,
Conversion Giant - Serendipity Labs
6400 S. Fiddlers Green Circle,
Greenwood Village, CO 80111,