April 16, 2020
News from the past week
- No camera needed. Google promotes their Youtube Video Builder tool to help businesses easily create video content using their premade templates/assets. This is handy for anyone who is unable to shoot larger scale projects due to the quarantine.
- Chipotle dishes out community service ads. After their March Madness campaigns were cancelled, Chipotle quickly pivoted their messaging to community support by offering free delivery from all of their locations and free food for health care workers.
- An all out, online shopping spree. According to a new study, consumers will be ordering products online 20% more in the next 30 days. This is on top of a massive boost earlier in the year and all signs point to this number growing even larger.
- Frito-Lay tugs heartstrings. The snack foods manufacturer debuted an ad highlighting their virus response efforts with the tagline “It’s About People.”
Choosing the Right Social Media Platforms
Strategies to aid your marketing
With digital marketing taking priority for most brands, many may be trying to utilize social media to advertise their products for the first time. With several prominent platforms to choose from, which ones should you spend your time building?
Since it all comes down to the tone and messaging of your brand, here are three questions to ask yourself when developing a social media strategy!
1. Know your audience and budget. Do some internal research to learn the demographics of your customer base. Settle on a budget you’re comfortable with, preferably small enough to work for a test but still substantial enough to get results.
2. Know your goal. Each platform lends itself better to certain end goals for your campaign. Are you trying to boost sales? Spread awareness? Generate leads? The best platform for you will depend on this answer.
3. Know where to find your audience. Picking the platform your audience is most likely to engage with will often depend on what the platform is primarily used for. If it’s an image oriented platform like Instagram or Pinterest, this will work better for advertising physical products to customers. If you’re marketing a B2B service, LinkedIn or Facebook may work better for you.
Working from Home with Your Partner
Productivity tips & hacks
Two people working two different jobs from the same confined space can present problems. In this current climate, boundaries are essential to productivity and clear communication with a partner can ease the struggle. Simply listening without trying to solve issues can be just as beneficial as a solution itself. And showing appreciation and gratitude for each other can be the key to cultivating a strong relationship.
Growing & Engaging a Facebook Group
Helpful videos & podcast
Rick Mulready covers how you can engage members of your Facebook group, use Facebook groups as a content resource, and how to determine if right now is even the right time for your business to have one.
Ellie is a PR & SEO Outreach Coordinator for Conversion Giant with three years of experience in digital marketing, social media management, and client relations. A former journalist, she is committed to delivering content with integrity and transparency.
15124 Ventura Blvd. Suite 203
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403,
Conversion Giant - Serendipity Labs
6400 S. Fiddlers Green Circle,
Greenwood Village, CO 80111,