January 16, 2020
News from the past week
- Barbie’s back (and others). From Nintendo to Polaroid, AdAge reviews some of the biggest comeback brands of the decade in a testament to the value of reviving your branding.
- Trust no one… not even your phone. Experts reveal that your phone’s location data can log your presence at protests — information that can later be targeted and sold to interested parties.
- Just words? Think again. Here are the ten worst marketing buzzwords of 2019, including terms like “influencer”, “brandformance”, and others that are sure to make you roll your eyes.
- Ghosted by Google. Google Ads has announced that it will no longer offer customer support via social media starting on Jan 1. The once-popular channel for quick queries is being replaced by a form.
Marketing Trends in 2020
Strategies to aid your marketing
UX rules the world. The phrase “the customer is always right” isn’t just for retail. Optimizing your content and your site’s user friendliness extends session duration and generates higher revenue.
Less is more. If a picture is worth a thousand words, let it do your selling. And we’re not talking infographics with a ton of content. Focus on visual details that send a message.
“Word on the street is…” Consumers trust their friends. And actually, they’ll trust a complete stranger who tried your product/service, before they’ll trust you. Create a space on your site for reviews and testimonials. Leverage social media by reaching out to influencers and reposting mentions from your customers.
The future is now. Augmented/virtual reality is no longer a made-up concept from a futuristic movie. Brands are using it to help their audience “try before you buy.” With the ability to create a pseudo experience via online, consumers are more likely to pull the trigger on purchases.
Ensuring a Productive New Decade
Productivity tips & hacks
1. Overwhelmed by all those emails? Schedule it, write it, and come back if you need to.
2. Complain, complain, complain… at work.
3. Doodle your to-do list.
4. Pencil it in… all of it.
5. Feeling unproductive? Shift focus, take a walk, or… go home.
Recovering from an Algorithm Update
Helpful videos & podcasts
SEO Director Lily Ray discusses how websites can recover from a core algorithm update that carried a negative impact. She talks about assessing industry-wide reactions, diagnosing the problem, and knowing when it’s out of your control.
Listen here »
Need Stronger Marketing Insights?
Ellie is a PR & SEO Outreach Coordinator for Conversion Giant with three years of experience in digital marketing, social media management, and client relations. A former journalist, she is committed to delivering content with integrity and transparency.
15124 Ventura Blvd. Suite 203
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403,
Conversion Giant - Serendipity Labs
6400 S. Fiddlers Green Circle,
Greenwood Village, CO 80111,