April 23, 2020
News from the past week
- What are stimulus checks stimulating? As most Americans have now received their stimulus checks, there are some truly surprising trends in how they are spending the money and which industries have received a boost as a result.
- Google shopping is open for business. In a move which could be bad for Amazon but great for e-commerce retailers, unpaid listings will now be offered on Google Shopping for the first time.
- Airbnb checks out too early. Airbnb ceased all marketing operations and many feel this will have major negative repercussions for the brand in the long run. This is due in part to the backlash they’ve received from hosts.
- Low prices, high potential. With digital ad prices at a low, certain industries including gaming, eCommerce, and online education have been given a unique opportunity to grow their brand awareness for a fraction of the ad spend.
Repurposing Blogs as SlideShares
Strategies to aid your marketing
Many businesses host a blog on their website to take advantage of the visibility and lead generation it can offer. With all these posts at their disposal, there is now a great way to recycle the same content using LinkedIn’s SlideShare platform.
Known as the “Quiet Giant of Content Marketing,” SlideShare is a presentation creator/viewer you connect with your LinkedIn account to share with relevant audiences. There are numerous benefits to using this platform, but here are just a few.
1. Generate more traffic. Using SlideShare with LinkedIn can direct users to your website without any penalty for duplicating content.
2. Rank higher on search engines. Many SlideShare presentations have shown to help with rankings and generate unique, organic views.
3. Boost viewer engagement. On LinkedIn, SlideShare presentations have proven to be one of the most engaged with content people can post on the platform. This helps with your professional visibility on LinkedIn which is especially beneficial for B2B businesses.
The greatest aspect of this platform is how easy it is to re-purpose content you’ve already created. Using the same text and images from your blog posts to make a PDF is a quick way to churn out a SlideShare presentation without hassle. You’ve also now created a new way to share your blog again on all other social media platforms — or even embed it on your website.
Facebook Hacks for Small Businesses
Productivity tips & hacks
Many businesses use Facebook to reach their audience in creative and innovative ways. By talking with your audience and not at them, you can begin to develop a unique voice for your company and start building brand loyalty. Knowing when to post, what to post, and how to reach people with your post can be beneficial to any small business hoping to create organic interactions with little to no cost.
Irresistible Ad Angles that Work
Helpful videos & podcast
At this point, it’s not a question as to whether or not you should be changing your ad angles—it’s how you should change them. Ralph Burns & Vanessa Vega from Tier 11 talk about pivoting marketing messaging to be relevant and current, without coming across as opportunistic.
Ellie is a PR & SEO Outreach Coordinator for Conversion Giant with three years of experience in digital marketing, social media management, and client relations. A former journalist, she is committed to delivering content with integrity and transparency.
15124 Ventura Blvd. Suite 203
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403,
Conversion Giant - Serendipity Labs
6400 S. Fiddlers Green Circle,
Greenwood Village, CO 80111,