May 29, 2020
News from the past week
- On the future of marketing. Ad tycoon Martin Sorrell predicts a permanent shift in consumer and business behaviors as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, with increased reliance on digital marketing and advertising.
- AD-vice from Google. Google has launched a new video series to help marketers and business owners learn how to advertise on Google in the current climate, highlighting what features are available.
- Get discovered with Discovery Ads. Discovery ads are now available on Google and can be displayed in Gmail, on YouTube, and in the Google Search app. These image-based ads were launched to follow Facebook’s lead in visually impactful marketing.
- IGTV learns to share. Much like YouTube, Instagram ad revenue from IGTV will now be partially shared with the creators whose content the advertisement appears in.
Personalized Marketing on a Budget
Strategies to aid your marketing
Personalized advertisements are always the best way to connect with an audience. However, personalization can also be the most difficult and expensive tactic to get right. Here are a few tips on how to connect with people on a personal level with a limited marketing budget.
1. Organize your contact lists. If your business has lists of clients, leads, or returning customers, you should invest in a platform where you can organize these contacts with specific tags, such as by region or business type. These tags will help you choose the specific content you think would work best for them.
2. Consider influencer campaigns. Customers seek authentic communication now more than ever before. By partnering with an influencer who is relevant to your brand and has an active and engaged following, you can reach their audience in a genuine way. Keep in mind, the larger their following, the more expensive their brand deals will likely be.
3. Tell your story. The story of your company may seem unimportant, but customers like to support brands they feel like they know well. Find some interesting tidbits about your business’ origins or share what your beliefs/values are to give your brand a memorable voice.
5 Things Productive Remote Workers Do
Productivity tips & hacks
If you’re having trouble staying focused, try doing some of the things productive remote workers do every day. These include: turning commute time into workout time, updating your Slack status regularly to stay engaged, and blocking out some distraction-free time to get your work done without interruptions, meetings, or phone calls.
Using Instagram Stories to Boost Business
Helpful videos & podcast
Jacqueline and Minna have a workshop-style strategy hour on creative ways to use Instagram Stories to boost your brand. Some ideas include hosting tutorials, “day in the life” highlights, and customer acquaintance efforts (i.e. using polls, Q&A features, etc. to get to know your customers better.)
Ellie is a PR & SEO Outreach Coordinator for Conversion Giant with three years of experience in digital marketing, social media management, and client relations. A former journalist, she is committed to delivering content with integrity and transparency.
15124 Ventura Blvd. Suite 203
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403,
Conversion Giant - Serendipity Labs
6400 S. Fiddlers Green Circle,
Greenwood Village, CO 80111,